Earlier in 2013, I was approached to see if I could recreate a picture in a magazine as a wedding dress.
I said I would try 🙂
Here is the best picture I got of it (shown without the sash) before it went off to the wedding.
I used two separate patterns. One was a princess line formal that I chopped at the waist. The skirt I changed from the very full one of the original pattern and actually used the pattern I use for my Princess Amidala skirt with the mermaid fishtail additions taken off. The bottom layer was ivory bridal satin, plus an ivory liner with a floral lace overlay. I used the scalloped edges of the lace to make the top “straps. They met in the back in a deep v and the raw edge at the arms was trimmed in a narrow strip of the other edge of the scalloping. She was planning to wear little red flats with it. I can’t wait to see some pics of the special day 🙂
And Finally, some wedding shots! She looks amazing 🙂