This beautiful set is made using vintage LOOKING champagne satin material, almost like a shantung silk and appliqued with an antique victorian lace piece. Steel boned and lined. The skirt is tiers of matching satin with elstic waist. On Etsy right now.
Made in a supposed 5t size, WAY too big for my little one, so it is going on sale in the Etsy shop. Really runs about a size girls 6-7. I put in a tie at the back and an extra privacy panel at the low chest which is removable. Slate cornflower-ish blue brocade with gorgeous champagne skirt and slate blue overlay. Gold trim.
This is my “little” version of my deluxe adult one. It was custom made for my daughter who is now selling it to add to her piggy bank 🙂 It is available for Halloween 2010 on Etsy. I made it just like the regular sized ones with the boned top, in satin and leather, just changing the style to a one piece with a skirt bottom. Size 5T.
I believe this is gonna be one of my favorite creations this year! I have a small collection of vintage lingere and laces and this is made with the most scrumptious peach silk and hand tatted lace. I had made the corset using a thick white brocade lining for stability, then transformed it into this Marie Antoinette style costume. I added accents of black satin, made a matching 3 tiered bustl-y skirt, tie on mask, neck ruffle and SPATS! All with matching antique lace from the 20s/30s. Each layer of the gathered ruffles on the skirt is bound in peach andpink binding, because if you flounce, it shows :). I made a pattern for the spats and will try to upload that eventually.
2010 , wow! This is updated as of 2016 on the new post! So many Padmes, so much Star Wars this year!
In 2010, I was asked by a returning customer to help her out with this Padme Amidala from Star Wars costume. I have since then made several of them and it is one of my favorites!
I started with an eight panel mermaid tail pattern and overlapped my pattern pieces making it only a front and back with wide bottom. I left the back seam open at the bottom and inserted a large square for the extra volume in the back. I used a silver satin and black lace overlay, although through the supercool site SPOONFLOWER, I gave her the option of using the exact pattern replicated in cotton. I took a swatch of the original skirt and worked it over in my art program. They will make you a fabric of ANY photo you send them (awesome), but we decided the cotton would not look luxurious enough.
The gloves, I just patterned on myself freeform.
I use a faux matte leather for the corset and gloves. The pattern for the corset is an 11 piece pattern with laces up the back for a perfect fit. The original has a ZIPPER and if you are using this for submission for the Legion, it will need to have the Zip.
I found a few vintage beaded belts/scarves on ebay which I use to make the long neckpiece along with crushed velvet. Each one is unique depending on which finding I have. The headbands were found at Michaels!
I had been wanting to do She-Ra FOREVER, and finally did in 2009. This one used my basic Wonder Woman style bodice pattern with the corset laced back and an elastic waist skirt. I cut all the adornments from gold and bronze leather by eye and they fit nicely with the hanging drape in the front. I attached a gold necklace dangle pendant and sculpted the necklace out of Sculpy, and spray painted the boots (next time I will just buy gold boots, as the paint will crack after wearing!). The hardest part was figuring out the feather headpiece, but it worked by sewing stuffed pieces onto the main headband.
Cost approximately 300$ depending on size and not including the boots.
Boots approximately $50
Recreation of the Ms. Lovett poor dress from the Movie Sweeney Todd. This one is sold but can be recreated in different materials upon request by MiaLa. The blouse was made of flesh colored satin with black lace overlay, gathered sleeves, and lace and ruffle accents. A little dickie type insert created the red neck accent and an underbust corset in black pinstripe is worn over. The skirt was an embroidered off black twill.
This costume was made right after the movie came out and having very few photos to work from, winged it on most of the construction. I used all cotton woven materials and made the waist elastic and the bodice top adjustable via laces for a precise custom fit. This one is sold, but can be recreated custom by miala.net.
It features layers of piping, trim, box pleats, and lots of tiny bows for an authentic looking replica.
I had been wanting to make one of these since initial photos of the movie came out. I was following a wonderful blog which has great in depth accurate descriptions and tips on a real recreation! Check it out:HERE
I spent way too much time researching and thought I would keep up with her progress, but it is now almost my busy Halloween season, so I decided just to whip up one in my daughter’s size and move on. It turned out pretty good..a little big on her, but adjustable in the back via corset style lacing. I used satin and organza and even added the striped petticoat underneath. The pattern on the bottom is drawn on with fabric marker.
Here is a photo which shows the back laces of the bodice and the petticoat.
I had this pretty peach vintage prom dress for years and kept trying to make it work for a theater show or …something…until I realized what it was born to become! I did not do much to it except for puff out the sleeves, add neck scallops, and add the hot pink sash and bottom tier. I will probably be putting it up for sale Halloween 2010 unless I decide to keep it for myself 🙂